Annabelle Richards and Clare Freshwater-Turner are Co-Senior Finance Managers at Lloyds Banking Group. Not only have they been sharing a role for the last five years, but they also manage a job share on their team. Sharing in the benefits, responsibilities, and goals has enabled them to perform at a high standard on a part-time basis in a senior role, but together they've also received top performing accolades. We asked them...
"What is your approach with your team as co-leaders and how do you also manage a job share?"
Their approach is very much about:
- Consistent messaging and alignment.
- It's also about respecting the other person's decision, even if one would've done it differently.
- Regular open communication and feedback to trade best practices.
- Micro-communication through the week to keep aligned and sense checking.
- Succinct summary for handovers.
As for the job share they manage jointly, they alternate their 1:2 with the team to ensure touchpoints and visibility, they also loop back once a month for a 2:2.
Clare and Annabelle are also the founders of the Jobshare Coach - helping professionals get the most success out of their job share.
Curious about what happens if one person in a job share is better than the other? Read this article.